Innovation: Floor Tiles That Can Monitor the Health of the Elderly
Innovators: Charles Hendee, 34, and Ken Perlin, 55
Chief technology officer and chief scientific adviser, respectively, of six-employee Tactonic Technologies in New York.
Form and function: A strip of pressure-sensitive floor tiles made of plastic evaluates a walker’s health based on footstep patterns. The tile system’s cloud-based analytics can provide health updates via smartphone and assist caretakers for the elderly.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Drop Most in Six Weeks on Trade War Tension: Markets Wrap
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- YouTube Bans Firearms Demo Videos, Entering the Gun Control Debate
- China Hits Back on Trump Tariffs as Europe Off the Hook for Now
- Bitcoin Falls on Fears of Regulatory Trouble for Big Crypto Exchange