One-Way Sound Transmission
Innovator: Andrea Alù
Professor of electrical and computer engineering, University of Texas at Austin
Form and function: Sound waves tend to travel every which way, meaning if you can hear something, you can usually be heard. This acoustic circulator focuses sound waves so they travel in one direction and blocks them from moving back.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap