Russia, Hungary Sign Accord to Expand Paks Nuclear Power StationStephen Bierman
Agreement calls for Russia to build 2 new reactors at Hungarian plant in Paks, nearly doubling current capacity, Russian President Vladimir Putin says, speaking to reporters near Moscow.
- Putin speaks after meeting with Hungarian PM Viktor Orban
- Tax revenue from new units at Paks plant may be $1b: Putin
- Rosatom CEO Sergei Kirienko, Hungarian Development Minister Zsuzsanna Nemeth sign accord on nuclear power usage
- Russia, Hungary in preparing new L-T natural gas supply agreements for contracts that expire in 2015: Putin
- NOTE: Earlier Nol said that Paks plant expansion project may cost as much as $18b
Before it's here, it's on the Bloomberg Terminal. LEARN MORE