Celebrity Podcasts Are Fueling a Second Act
Three decades of courtside seats at Los Angeles Lakers games gave Westwood One founder Norm Pattiz not just a front-row view of Kobe Bryant—he’s built a Rolodex of Hollywood’s top names. Now Pattiz is getting his celebrity pals to create talk shows for a venture he began in February, PodcastOne, which sells ads in its free, downloadable radio programs. Superagent Ari Emanuel, who sits next to Pattiz at Lakers games, helped sign clients such as Kathie Lee Gifford.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline