In China, Dell Clings Tightly to the Waning PC
After a year spent trying to take his namesake company private, Michael Dell closed his leveraged buyout on Oct. 29. Now he and his partner, private equity group Silver Lake Partners, are focused on turnaround strategies for the struggling PC maker. Dell is pushing higher-margin servers and other equipment for corporate data centers, yet it’s not downplaying PCs in every market. In China especially, Dell wants to build a franchise around them.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing