Chicago Sports Bars' Big Ten Football Hustle
Andrea Abel is celebrating her 30th birthday at Chicago’s Kirkwood Bar & Grill with more than 200 friends. She doesn’t know them all by name, but no matter: Like Abel, they’re all there to root for their beloved Nebraska Cornhuskers. “For the last five years, I’ve been watching all the football games here,” says Abel, a 2006 graduate in a black-and-red Husker T-shirt and red-and-white beads.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing