With Smithfield Deal, China Expands Its American Pork PipelineBy
Announcing his company’s $4.7 billion acquisition by China’s largest pork producer, Smithfield Foods‘s chief executive used the moment to stress how the deal is designed to send more American pork to Asia, a boost for U.S. farmers. In other words: Relax. Shuanghui International Holdings won’t be sending Chinese pigs to your local Kroger store.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas