Everyone’s a Critic: Prison Reviews on YelpBy
The Lew Sterrett Justice Center in Dallas is a jail built to hold inmates awaiting trial or transfer to state or federal prison. It’s also, according to its Yelp page, “the crappiest place on earth.” Yes, Lew Sterrett is reviewed on Yelp, a site better known for allowing users to rate restaurants, hotels, and hair salons. Rikers Island, San Quentin, and Sing Sing, it turns out, also have Yelp pages. Lew Sterrett’s Yelp page is currently the third result that comes up on Google.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing