Wharton Disinvites Controversial Keynote SpeakerFrancesca Di Meglio
The Wharton India Economic Forum (WIEF), an annual student-run conference hosted by the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School and scheduled to take place March 23, is embroiled in controversy. Forum organizers disinvited one of its keynote speakers, Narendra Modi, chief minister of Gujarat, a state in western India, on Sunday after university professors wrote a petition condemning Modi as a leader. The petition was signed by more than 300 people both in the university community and other parts of the world.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’