U.S. Banks Had Second-Best Earnings Ever in 2012, FDIC SaysJesse Hamilton
U.S. banks had $141.3 billion in net income last year, the second-best on record behind the $145.2 billion total reported for 2006, on non-interest income and lower loss provisions, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Nasdaq Drops on Tech Rout as Oil Falls, Gold Gains: Markets Wrap
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting