Growthpoint Raises Fountainhead Bid on Rival Exclusivity EndKamlesh Bhuckory
Growthpoint Properties Ltd., South Africa’s biggest real-estate company by market value, raised its bid for Fountainhead Property Trust as exclusive talks with a rival bidder end tomorrow.
The revised offer is 5.7 percent, or 605 million rand ($68 million), higher than its previous bid, the Johannesburg-based company said in a statement today. The offer of 37 Growthpoint linked units for every 100 Fountainhead units is 8.6 percent higher than a bid by Redefine Properties Ltd., Growthpoint said.
Fountainhead and Redefine started exclusive talks in December. Growthpoint submitted a bid for Fountainhead in October. Fountainhead said in a separate statement there isn’t a written sale agreement with Redefine and it will review the Growthpoint offer.
Growthpoint shares declined for a second day, losing 1.7 percent to 25.45 rand by the close in Johannesburg. They have risen 3.9 percent this year, while Redefine has climbed 4.6 percent and Fountainhead 2.3 percent.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Comedian Byron Allen Buys the Weather Channel for $300 Million
- Stocks Tumble in Biggest Weekly Decline Since 2016: Markets Wrap
- Musk Takes Down the Tesla and SpaceX Facebook Pages
- A Horror Week for the Dow Has Investors Begging for Trump Respite
- World's Biggest Cryptocurrency Exchange Is Heading to Malta