JFE Engineering Unit Wins Geothermal Plant OrderChisaki Watanabe
JFE Holdings Inc.’s engineering unit won an order to design and construct a geothermal plant in southwestern Japan.
JFE Engineering Corp. will install a 1,500 kilowatt binary turbine made by Ormat Technologies Inc. of the U.S. for a project by Medipolis Energy Ltd. in Kagoshima prefecture, JFE Engineering said in a statement today. Medipolis Energy is a venture led by Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories Ltd., based in Kagoshima.
The plant, estimated to cost about 1.2 billion yen ($13 million), will start running in September 2014, Tomoaki Honda, president of Medipolis Energy, said by phone today.
Geothermal plants draw heat from below the earth’s surface to produce energy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Halts Autonomous Car Tests After Fatal Crash in Arizona
- Apple Is Secretly Developing Its Own Screens for the First Time
- Uber Victim Stepped Suddenly in Front of Self-Driving Car
- Stocks Slump as Facebook Hits Tech; Bonds Recover: Markets Wrap
- How Facebook Made Its Cambridge Analytica Data Crisis Even Worse