Groupon CEO Andrew Mason Fights to Keep His Job
After Andrew Mason founded Groupon in 2008, companies like Google and LivingSocial rushed to imitate the daily deal business he created. Less than five years later, the allure of discounted spa packages and wine-tasting classes has faded. With the company’s board and other co-founders losing patience, Mason is betting on early-stage, low-margin businesses to turn Groupon around—and save his job.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing