Germany's Not-So-Wunderbar Economy
Throughout the euro crisis, Germany has been the area’s growth engine and enforcer of fiscal rectitude. Now economists and policymakers are warning that Germany may be reverting to some old bad habits. Jörg Asmussen, a European Central Bank board member nominated by Chancellor Angela Merkel, has even predicted that Germany may return to its status as the “sick man of Europe” should its symptoms go unaddressed.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas