Stocks Drop Amid Budget Deadlock; Treasuries, Gold FallRita Nazareth and Susanne Walker
U.S. stocks fell, halting a six-day rally in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index, as the standoff in federal budget negotiations overshadowed a drop in jobless claims and growth in retail sales. Treasuries declined while precious metals led losses in commodities.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber's Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing