Russia Hankers for Luxury Cars
Banker Igor Skibar remembers his first car, a Soviet-era Lada, as a “nightmare.” Twenty years later he’s moved on to a Volvo XC90 sport-utility vehicle, and this summer he bought a Land Rover Discovery 4 for about 2 million rubles ($62,400). “I need a respectable car to visit clients and travel outside the city,” says Skibar, 41, who lives in the St. Petersburg area. “I earn enough money to do it with ultimate comfort on bad Russian roads.”
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis