Geithner Tells Senate He Was Concerned About Libor in 2008Ian Katz and Cheyenne Hopkins
Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner, responding to a second day of questions by lawmakers, said he was concerned when he heard about potential weaknesses in the London interbank offered rate in 2008 and repeated that he moved quickly to alert regulators in the U.S. and U.K.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap