Violence Halts Mining on a Philippine Island
Cris Bual’s work as an executive for mining giant Xstrata, on the Philippine island of Mindanao, made him a target for Maoist rebels, armed bandits, and just about anyone with a gun for hire. Traveling to work in the island’s badlands from his home in the relative safety of Davao City, the island’s metropolis, Bual, a Filipino, kept his schedule and route secret. That wasn’t enough to save him.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day