China's Deflationary Threat
Is China running the risk of falling into deflation? Chinese stocks were rattled on July 9 by the government release of consumer and producer prices in June. The consumer price index rose 2.2 percent from a year earlier, and producer prices actually fell 2.1 percent vs. a median forecast for a 2 percent drop. Consumer prices have been falling for three months, producer prices for four months.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Trump Boosts North Korea Sanctions, Adding Economic Pressure