Monti Cabinet Backs Spending Cuts to Replace Higher TaxesLorenzo Totaro and Chiara Vasarri
Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti replaced a looming sales-tax increase with a package of spending cuts, seeking to counter rising anger over the government’s demand for revenue.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Charles Manson, Imprisoned Mass-Murdering Cult Leader, Dies
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Euro Drops on German Impasse, China Stocks Rebound: Markets Wrap