Bahnhof's Office Bunker
When the Swedish broadband company Bahnhof leased a former World War II bunker in Stockholm five years ago, Chairman Jon Karlung saw an opportunity to reimagine the server farm. “The cliché is some fat guy with a pizza and his Coke in some place in the suburbs,” he says. Bahnhof’s facility is part space-age greenhouse and part Bond-villain lair, complete with smoke machines submerged in waterfalls and German diesel submarine engines repurposed as backup power generators.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's