For China, Too Much Steel Isn't Enough
For now, it’s nothing more than an expanse of muddy land lying just off the southern Chinese province of Guangdong. But Baosteel Group’s planned $11 billion steelworks will eventually transform the sleepy island of Donghai. Land is being reclaimed from the sea for a plant that by 2015 will produce 10 million metric tons of high-grade steel annually.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders