India Finds New Ways to Tax Foreign Investors
Sigve Brekke says he’s had just about enough of India’s government. Brekke is managing director of Uninor, the Indian cellular operator controlled by Norwegian carrier Telenor. He’s concerned about being socked with a large bill when the government reissues mobile licenses that were canceled in February by the Supreme Court after a bidding scandal that cost some $31 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap