Mark Walter, the Moneyman Behind the Dodgers Deal
Mark Walter, chief executive officer of investment firm Guggenheim Partners, is a Chicago resident with Cubs season tickets. When the financially troubled Los Angeles Dodgers franchise went on the market, he didn’t let loyalty get in the way of dealmaking. Walter is the controlling partner of the group—it includes former Los Angeles Lakers player Earvin “Magic” Johnson and baseball executive Stan Kasten—that purchased the Dodgers for $2.15 billion in a deal that closed on May 1.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis