The Business Ties of Bo Xilai
Bo Xilai and his wife, Gu Kailai, were among China’s most powerful couples. He was the Communist Party boss in the mega-city of Chongqing and she was described as the Jackie Kennedy of China. Over the years, their extended families built a fortune of at least $136 million. Then it all came crashing down. In April, he was ousted from the Party and is under investigation. She was arrested on suspicion of the murder of a British businessman who was a family friend. Their wealth is under scrutiny. Here is a look at their business empire.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks