Get Off the Couch and Walk, Or Magic Island Will Hate YouBy
Are you trying to lose weight? And also in your late 40s, somewhat technophobic, and an avid FarmVille player? Why, Dave Wang may have just the social-networked, gameified color touchscreen superpedometer for you. Wang is co-founder and chief executive of Striiv, a five-month-old startup based in Redwood City, Calif. The key-fob-sized Striiv device, which sort of resembles an iPod Nano with rounded edges, has an accelerometer and altimeter inside so—along with measuring the number of steps you take—it also counts the stairs you climb.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing