Clean Your Messy Desk, Lest Ye Be JudgedBy
Matt Lucas works at a desk that’s covered with origami paper cranes made out of Black Jack gum wrappers. There are probably over 150 of them, collecting under his computer monitor and spilling out all over the place. “I chew gum compulsively at work,” Lucas says, “I don’t know why. I am obviously extremely nervous at work, or I wouldn’t be doing this. I’ve glued some of them into a chain.” Lucas works in a small, windowless room with two other people at Portland State University’s student health center. The cranes compete for desk space among piles of paper, coffee cups, and a Vincent Price doll. He has received complaints.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks