How to Save Greece: Jurre HermansJurre Hermans
I began to worry about Europe’s debt crisis after watching news reports. It really upset me and I had trouble sleeping. I heard there was a prize for whoever came up with the best idea for breaking up the euro in the most painless way. My plan is Greece leaves the euro and gets the drachma back. People will go to an exchange machine to swap their money, and the euros will be used to repay Greece’s debts. Those who hoard euros will be fined. If Greece pays back what it borrowed, then it can return to the single currency.
The judges of the prize gave me a €100 gift voucher for my suggestion, and I even went on television to talk about it. I was asked if I would like to be an economist when I’m older, but I’d prefer to run a zoo. — As told to Simon Kennedy
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing