How to Compete With Amazon: Susan LyneSusan Lyne
Amazon is great when you know what you are looking for. But women go shopping to see what’s new, to be inspired, to fall in love with something. No one goes to Amazon to be inspired. And I defy you to find anyone who says they love browsing Amazon. At Gilt we seduce, just like a great store. Amazon was designed to be functional and reliable and has a great loyalty program. But at Gilt we aim to surprise and delight by making the storefront new every day. Women make over 60 percent of all online purchases. Amazon still looks like it was designed for guys. — As told to Susan Berfield
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes