How to Build a Web Following: Alexis OhanianAlexis Ohanian
The way to build your audience is with a ton of work: every day going out and creating something that’s worth sharing. It’s really a numbers game. You can’t count on one thing working—you have to keep producing. You have to increase the odds of something getting popular. It’s also about treating your audience like human beings. People go online and start spamming and being a jerk. You wouldn’t show up at a party and start yelling about how awesome you are. Don’t try too hard to push your content. That always results in failure. Try to get to know your community—participate in it. You can get content ideas on what people are seeking. — As told to Keenan Mayo
Watch Alexis Ohanian explain how to build a Web following at www.businessweek.com/howto/following or in our iPad and iPhone apps
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day