Six Ways to Sell
Finding success as a salesperson has as much to do with who you are as what you’re peddling. There is no one right way to sell. In fact, by our count, there are six. The author of The Art of the Sale, out this month from Penguin, enumerates the six salesman archetypes, from the Wooer (e.g., Bill Clinton, Silvio Berlusconi), who persuades through seduction and cajoling; to the Outsider (e.g., Estée Lauder), who trades on his or her humble background; to the Ace (e.g., Mark Zuckerberg), who doesn’t need to lift a finger to sell to you because he’s the only name in the game.
Which type of salesperson are you?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself