FedEx's Electric Vehicle ExperimentBy
At a FedEx package distribution center in lower Manhattan, amid the forklifts, carts, and conveyer belts that send thousands of packages out for delivery every day, are 10 vehicles that look like something out of the Jetsons. They’re FedEx’s electric-powered delivery vans, and they’re part of a study by FedEx, Columbia University, and General Electric. The idea behind their initiative is this: To switch from gasoline to electric-powered vehicles, a national delivery service must have a convenient and cost-effective way to charge them.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis