Daimler's Billion-Dollar Bet on Hungary
The campaign by Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz brand to regain the global luxury sales crown it ceded to rival BMW in 2005 will ultimately be won or lost in dealer showrooms in China, the U.S., and Russia. And of course, Hungary. Daimler on March 29 began production at its €800 million ($1.07 billion) factory, located in Kecskemét, about 90 kilometers (56 miles) southeast of Budapest, that will make the Mercedes B-Class compact.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling