Daimler's Billion-Dollar Bet on Hungary
The campaign by Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz brand to regain the global luxury sales crown it ceded to rival BMW in 2005 will ultimately be won or lost in dealer showrooms in China, the U.S., and Russia. And of course, Hungary. Daimler on March 29 began production at its €800 million ($1.07 billion) factory, located in Kecskemét, about 90 kilometers (56 miles) southeast of Budapest, that will make the Mercedes B-Class compact.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt