Daimler's Billion-Dollar Bet on Hungary
The campaign by Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz brand to regain the global luxury sales crown it ceded to rival BMW in 2005 will ultimately be won or lost in dealer showrooms in China, the U.S., and Russia. And of course, Hungary. Daimler on March 29 began production at its €800 million ($1.07 billion) factory, located in Kecskemét, about 90 kilometers (56 miles) southeast of Budapest, that will make the Mercedes B-Class compact.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing