Bond Investors Get the Jailhouse Blues
Abutting a cotton gin and surrounded by fields, the sprawling Irwin County Detention Center in Ocilla, Ga., resembles a complex of industrial warehouses. It has 1,200 beds and enough inmates to fill just half of them. It’s the latest on a growing list of private jail failures in the country.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- GE's New CEO Slashes Profit Outlook, Sends Shares Tumbling