How NBA Fans Cost Their Teams at the Free-Throw LineBy
Among the research showcased this week at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston—where sports nerds gather each year to parse stats in Talmudic detail—is a paper titled “Effort vs. Concentration: The Asymmetric Impact of Pressure on NBA Performance.” Behind the cryptic name is strong evidence that basketball fans have it all wrong when it comes to free-throw shooters.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas