Social Entertainment Startup GetGlue Corrals Fans for Advertisers
Last summer, Home Box Office worked with a New York startup called GetGlue on an online campaign to promote the cable network’s vampire series, "True Blood." From late May through June, fans who visited a page that GetGlue created could unlock digital stickers and win real bottles of Tru Blood, a carbonated blood-orange drink that looks not unlike what the characters drink in the show. Fans on the page could also chat with one another about the forthcoming premiere and learn about related programming.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas