Bid & Ask: The Deals of the WeekBy
1. Royal Bank of Scotland Group is selling its aviation leasing unit to Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Japan’s No. 2 bank by market value, for $7.3 billion.
2. Canadian oil and gas shipper Pembina Pipeline will buy Provident Energy for $3.1 billion in shares to expand its capacity to transport natural gas liquids.
4. Billionaire Anil Ambani’s Reliance Communications plans to raise as much as $1.5 billion with a Singapore listing of shares in its submarine cable holdings, says a person with knowledge of the matter.
5. A Morgan Stanley real estate fund agreed to buy the largest mall in central St. Petersburg, Russia, for about $1.1 billion, according to two people with knowledge of the deal.
6. Finning International, the world’s largest dealer of Caterpillar equipment, is buying part of a distribution unit from the U.S. manufacturer of construction and mining equipment for about $465 million.
7. Closely held German dairy company Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müeller will acquire U.K. milk producer Robert Wiseman Dairies for $428 million, speeding consolidation in the industry.
9. RusPetro, an oil and gas company with its main assets in Russia, raised $250 million in a London IPO.
10. AVG Technologies, the Dutch maker of antivirus and security software, including products that protect users from hacking and identity theft, filed to raise as much as $144 million in a U.S. IPO.