Malaysia to Relax Foreign Bank Ownership, Issue More PermitsElffie Chew and Manirajan Ramasamy
Malaysia will allow foreign banks to own bigger stakes in local lenders, grant more licenses and ease short-selling rules as it seeks to triple the size of its finance sector by the end of the decade, the central bank said.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress's Fault When Stocks Crash
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks