Smithfield’s Hunger for Bacon Makes Sara Lee a Target: Real M&AJoseph Ciolli, Danielle Kucera and Rita Nazareth
Smithfield Foods Inc., owner of the world’s biggest hog slaughterhouse, is looking for deals in smoked ham, bacon and frozen meatballs. That may put Sara Lee Corp. and People’s Food Holdings Ltd. on its shopping list.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- This Rare Bear Who Called the Crash Warns Housing Is Too Hot Again
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- U.S. Stocks Gain as Senate Votes to End Shutdown: Markets Wrap