Stradivarius Sells for $15.9 Million to Help Japan Quake ReliefAdam Majendie and Simeon Bennett
A violin made in 1721 by Antonio Stradivari sold online for 9.8 million pounds ($15.9 million) to help victims of Japan’s March 11 earthquake, more than four times the previous auction record.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing