Alternative EnergyJessica Flint
At Chesapeake Energy (CHK), the second-largest producer of natural gas in the U.S., employees can earn a $1,500 fitness bonus by completing health screenings, exercising at least three days per week, and working toward or maintaining a healthy weight. To help them achieve these goals, Chesapeake's Oklahoma City headquarters offers a state-of-the-art fitness oasis, a garden with 65 plots for growing produce, and four restaurants with healthy meals for as little as $2 each. The focus on feeling and looking good extends beyond calories: An on-site health center provides primary and urgent care. The fitness center also offers $10 manicures and pedicures—and $35 spray tanning.
1. Fitness Center. The 72,000-square-foot, subsidized health club costs workers $10 per month for individuals and $25 for families. Amenities include Pilates reformer machines and a hot yoga pavilion in the garden.
2. Rec Leagues. Employees can join a variety of sports leagues and tournaments. The rowing league on the Oklahoma River is so popular that it's offered year-round.
3. Pool. Scuba diving certification is one of the many classes available at the aquatic center.
4. Rock Climbing. Beyond traditional exercise classes, offerings include archery, skydiving, flying lessons, fencing, boot camp, karate, sailing, kayaking, and meditation.
5. Arcade. An arcade has video games geared toward—wait for it—fitness, health, and wellness.
6. Cafeterias. Chefs prepare healthy meals at the restaurants, including grilled meats, fish, hot plates, sandwiches, panini, soups, and salads. At one restaurant, employees can order takeout via a touch-screen menu.
More Perks: $10,000 adoption reimbursement, $25,000 fertility benefits, Quarterly free babysitting, Shoe shining, Dry cleaning, Summer concerts, Movie theater, Credit union, Free Weight Watchers (WTW) classes, Smoking cessation program, Mammography day, Blood drive, Online butcher shop, Farmers market