When IT Security Advice Goes OverboardGene Marks
In IT circles, bad security advice abounds. Just ask the administrators at Pennsylvania's Lower Merion School District who somehow became convinced that it would be a good idea to use Webcams to keep tabs on students. The district says it uses the software only to track potentially stolen devices. A student is suing the district, alleging that school officials used it to spy on pupils such as himself.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas