PwC India Struggles to Overcome Satyam ScandalNandini Lakshman
In India, business is still recovering from the January revelation that Satyam Computer Services' (now former) Chairman Ramalinga Raju had been cooking the books at India's fourth-largest info tech company since 2000. Some $1 billion in declared revenue at the outsourcing firm turned out to be nonexistent. The auditor signing off on these fraudulent reports? PricewaterhouseCoopers, the biggest accounting firm in the world, with $28 billion in revenues globally and around $180 million in India.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020