Flir Leads in Night-Vision Gear
It's late at night on a foggy country road and you're behind the wheel of a new BMW 7 Series when you fail to notice a deer in your path 30 feet ahead. But an infrared camera, tucked inside the grille of your car, detects its body heat, produces an image of the deer on the dashboard screen, and sounds an alarm. You slam on the brakes, avoiding a potentially deadly collision.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas