World Economic Forum: China Looms Large
There couldn't have been a more interesting time to hold the World Economic Forum Summer Davos 2008, which ran Sept. 26-28 in the eastern coastal port city of Tianjin, China. Just like at Davos, the organization's main event held every winter in the eponymous Swiss ski resort, the forum brought together a mix of business leaders, pundits, and policymakers, including Citigroup (C) Vice-Chairman William Rhodes, Ernst & Young CEO James Turley, and Lenovo Chairman Yang Yuanqing. Also attending were China Mobile (CHL) chief Wang Jianzhou, TCL CEO Li Dongsheng, Alibaba founder Jack Ma, and European Union Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas