A Small Business Loan from a Hedge Fund?
In early 2008, Jim Gee hit an impasse. Over the previous five years, Gee had been expanding Trinity Communications, a small cable-TV company in Marion County, Tenn., that he founded in 2003. With startup costs of nearly $3 million, Gee had used personal funds to get the business rolling, laying fiber optic cables across two rural towns and attracting new subscribers. By 2008 he had 600 customers and 6 employees, but Gee couldn't find additional funds to service new towns and sign new subscribers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks