The Mechanistic Mindset and BureaucracyJohn Pourdehnad
In the rational mechanistic model of organization according to which bureaucracies are designed, the social system is viewed as a means to attain group goals and objectives. Changes in organizational patterns are thus viewed as tactics to improve the level of efficiency. In other words, employees are considered cogs in the machine. This runs contrary to the fact that individuals are searching more and more for meaning from their work.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas