Resisting the Temptation to Grow
Conventional business wisdom holds that size and growth equal success. However, author Bo Burlingham challenges that notion by chronicling 14 small, successful, privately-held companies in his book Small Giants: Companies that Choose to Be Great Instead of Big (Portfolio). The book looks at companies such as microbrewery Anchor Brewing, energy-bar maker Clif Bar, and folk singer Ani DiFranco's record company, Righteous Babe Records, and examines the success some small companies achieve by taking the road less traveled and focusing solely on being the best at what they do.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy