The GE Spin-Off You Never Heard Of
It has a big-name parent in General Electric (GE ) and more than 10 times the earnings of Google, yet few are clamoring to get a piece of Genworth Financial when it goes public. In fact, the expected spin-off of 30% of GE's life and mortgage insurance business, now set for early in the week of May 24, may qualify as both one of the largest and quietest stock deals of the year. The $9.8 billion operation, which has more than 15 million customers and $100 billion in assets, could raise about $3.34 billion in the market.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Marc Faber Asked to Leave Sprott Board After Racist Report
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing