A Vaccine Worse Than The Disease?
Jenny Marra believes that LYMErix, the Lyme disease vaccine available since 1998, seriously harmed her. The 42-year-old nurse from Ocean Township, N.J., has suffered crippling joint and muscle pain, fatigue, and periods of paralysis since receiving a second dose of the vaccine in June, 1999. Other than pain management, Marra's doctors tell her there is nothing more they can do. In April, she filed a lawsuit against the vaccine's maker, SmithKline Beecham Corp. (SBH), seeking unspecified damages. Her goal: "I'm trying to stop [the Food & Drug Administration] from approving the vaccine for children."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- U.S. Stocks Climb With Treasuries as Dollar Slides: Markets Wrap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself